Tuesday 15 December 2015

My wife ask me to write a poem today I really don't know what to say Maybe it's because it's her birthday Not wise to ask a poet to think on Tuesday By force, I have to call Mayday Put on my thinking cap from Bombay Place my cigarette in an ashtray Alas, I might start smoking someday Let me put on a Coldplay But she prefer Sinatra's, I did it my way In my bed, I lay As I still not know what to say To my God I pray She has fallen asleep before her hair turned gray... Happy Birthday my sweet getaway

My wife ask me to write a poem today I really don't know what to say Maybe it's because it's her birthday Not wise to ask a poet to think on Tuesday By force, I have to call Mayday Put on my thinking cap from Bombay Place my cigarette in an ashtray Alas, I might start smoking someday Let me put on a Coldplay But she prefer Sinatra's, I did it my way In my bed, I lay As I still not know what to say To my God I pray She has fallen asleep before her hair turned gray... Happy Birthday my sweet getaway
by Eddie Soh

December 15, 2015 at 11:19PM
from Facebook
via IFTTTfrom Facebook
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment